Monday, July 22, 2013

Writing Update

Hello all! 
    I realized when I posted my weekly free read that it has been a long time since I updated you on my writing. So it is. I have been very busy lately working on the publication for Sacrifices. I am working hard on the first round of professional edits. There is a lot to do. I thought that I understood the basics of writing until I got my first professional edit back. Holy crap! So many mistakes. But it is going to be a lot better after everything. 
    I am still working on my holiday short story Culture Shock. I managed to finish the first draft a few days ago, so I will be starting the second draft tomorrow. It should go a lot faster now that all of the research is done. I am hoping to submit that to the publisher for consideration by Thursday.
    Then there is MYMLMG. That is going well. I had high hopes of finishing it by Thursday, but working on Sacrifices has put me behind. I am still hopeful, but it is going to be a long-shot. My goal is to finish that and submit it to the publisher by the end of August so I can start planning my massive social media tour for Sacrifices. 
     That is pretty much where I am right now. There is a lot of work to do and I feel like I am now working two jobs. At least one is at home. But it is lots of fun, even if I don't get to sleep and I feel like I am going to get buried in work. But who cares? I can sleep when I am dead, right?

~Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment