Thursday, December 5, 2013

Another Story Done and other Writing News

Hello everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays that have taken place over the last week. I know I did. But I've found that the holiday chaos makes it very hard to maintain some balance in terms of writing and blogging. So I apologize for my absence. Don't forget. If you ever feel I'm gone for too long or if anyone out there wants to chat, feel free to contact me. All of the info is here.

So what have I been up to? Well, tonight I just finished the first draft of a brand-new novella. I've decided to call it Death-Meet Love and Happiness. It's all about the Grim Reaper and his quest to find love. It is a dark comedy with moments of real heart. it came in at just over 32,000 words. So I'm going to start proofing it next week and hopefully, it will be done by the end of the year.

If you aren't willing to wait for one of my new stories, I have a brand-new free-read serial. It's called "The Saga of Steve and Joey." I've currently finished the first two parts. You can read the first part, as well as the inspiration for the story here. The second part is here. And be sure to check out a new chapter in their story every Monday night.

So that's my good news. Sadly, not all of my news is happy. My World, My Game, My Love was not accepted for publication. It's a little disappointing, but the good news is this is not the end of this story. I've been given the opportunity to re-edit the story and change some of the story's structure and resubmit. So I will be working on that over the next few weeks and hopefully I can get that in within the next month. finger crossed that it's accepted this time.

That's pretty much where all of my writing is at the moment. Next week, in addition to editing Death-Meet Love and Happiness and My World, My Game, My Love, I want to start working on my short story Who I Really Am. It's kind of been put on the back-burner while I worked on other things, but I want to start working on it again. I'm a little nervous about this one, since I've never written a transgendered story, but hopefully, it goes well. I will be sure to keep you updated.

So that's my life. What's going on with all of you? Let me know in the comments. And don't forget to check back on Monday for the next chapter in "The Saga of Steve and Joey".

~Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment