Monday, December 9, 2013

The Saga of Steve and Joey-Part 3

Good evening everyone! I hope everyone's having a good Monday, despite the snow and ice that had walloped so much of the States. Hopefully, you have someplace warm to curl up and read Part 3 of The Saga of Steve and Joey because here is is! Enjoy!


Part 3
Joey

I watch Steve get out of my car and walk to his front door. I sneak a glance at his ass as he walks. I feel a little guilty about it, since the guy is so out of it. But most of the guilt fades away when I see it. It’s nice, tight and just the right size to hold on to.
As soon as the door shuts behind him, I take the car out of park and start to drive home. I have to admit I was a little skeptical when Lucas first set this meeting up. I’d never been on one before, but I had certainly heard the horror stories. It wasn’t that I didn’t trust Lucas, because I did. He was one of the nicest guys in my office. Everyone knew that if you needed something you went to see Lucas and he would do everything he could to help you.
Despite his reputation, I didn’t set out to get a date. I remember back to that fateful lunch when Lucas started talking about his new beau. It made me feel lonely. He must have noticed, because he asked me if I had anyone special in my life. I couldn’t even get the words out. I just shook my head and let that speak for itself.
But Lucas was not so deterred. He badgered me until he found out I was gay and then set me up with one of his friends. I wasn’t given too much information about Steve before the date. I knew he was a med student and that he and Lucas were best friends. I was also told he was hot, but that didn’t mean much coming from the guy’s friend.
And yet, everything Lucas told me about Steve was true. And then some. The man was absolutely adorable. He looked good enough to eat, even with those dark circle under his eyes.
I feel bad now that I didn’t notice his exhaustion earlier in the date. We had a lovely start to the meal, getting to know each other. I learned a lot about him and his back story. Where he went to college, how many siblings he had, that he was a geek in high school. And he learned the same stuff about me.
It should have been boring, telling my life story over again. After all, how many first dates can you go on before you just want to type it all out and hand it to the person.?
But there was something about Steve. I didn’t want to hand him a sheet of paper about my life. I wanted to tell him. I can’t even really explain why. I just knew I needed to talk with him and share my feelings with him. Personally.
It was a little weird at first. I had never in my life wanted to talk to a person so much. Nor had I ever had such a good time talking with someone. Sure, it was simple and mundane, but there was just something about him.
At least until he started to fall asleep on me. At first, I have to admit I was a little perturbed. I know I’m not the most exciting guy in the world, but falling asleep was really rude. Of course, when I learned why it made me feel like an ass. I guess I should have put med student and lack of sleep together, but, for some reason, I just didn’t.
Once I found the reason behind it, I couldn’t help but admire him just a little bit more. He tried so hard to be involved in the date when all he must have wanted to do was collapse. It makes me think maybe he’s interested in me too. And that kiss…
There is something special about that man. I hope he calls. Because I really, really think we might have something here.

There you have it! Part 3 is complete.

Next week: Steve tries to work up the nerve to call Joey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment