Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thursday Update-6/12/14

Hello everyone! I'm back!!! I know it's been a really long time since I posted, but I have been so busy. Even once I got back from vacation, I spent so many hours writing that I didn't have time for blogging. But I'm going back to the EDJ tomorrow (Yucky!) so things should be back to normal now. And that means, it's time for a writing update! So here it is!

My big news: the first draft for Escape is finally finished. It is a little shorter than I anticipated. (I thought it would be about 70,000 words and it came in just under 63,000.) But I'm very happy with the story. Of course, it needs to be edited and whatnot before I can submit and it might take a little while before I can get to it, since I have other projects on the go, but I'm really happy with where the story is right now. And the fact that I wrote about 30K words in just over two weeks is a great feeling too.

Also, Death has officially moved into the editing phase. I got the first revised copy and will be working on that over the weekend. I'm also pondering a title change for this novella. More on that later. But I'm really excited about this one.

My next big project will be working on two short stories. The first, Finding Love in the Darkness, you already know about. I'm hoping to finish the first draft next week so I can edit it and send it out by the end of the month. I'm also going to be working on an untitled short story that will be included in a new TJ/Eric anthology. I should have more information on that next week as well.

Once all of my short stories are sorted out, I will then be moving backwards. I will be doing some editing and reworking of Xibalta, which was originally turned down for publication about six months ago. I hoping to resubmit that in the near future.

Wow. Well, I think that's everything I have for now. Remember that The Saga of Steve and Joey will be back on Monday so come back and check out the next part of their story. Have a great weekend everyone!!

~Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment