Sunday, April 7, 2013

Breaking the 10,000 Word Barrier

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. This has been a good weekend for me, even though I had to work. I got the chance to see some family, which was nice. And the most important thing in my writing was that I have official broken the 10,000 word barrier for Sacrifices. I am well into chapter 4 at this point and it is looking like the story will be between 60,000 and 75,000 words. I think that this has the potential to be a really good book and I am enjoying the chance to write about these characters and their journey.

I have two more days of work, so I am hoping that by this time next week I can have over 20,000 words. I am taking long weekend at the end of this month, so if I could have the bulk of the novel done by then I would be really happy. I think that it is possible as long as writer's block doesn't set it. I have the whole story outlined so I don't think that will happen, but you never know.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful start to the working week (or a good continuing working week if you are like me.) I will keep you updated on my progress on Sacrifices in the next few days. Until then...

~Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment