Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Done!

Well, I have done it. Tonight at 10:08 PM EST, I sent my first completed work, Building a Family in Love, to a publisher. Even though it is only a short story, this is the first step to me achieving one of my life's goal. I always said that I wanted to be a published author and now I have started. My story may not get accepted this time, and I am not really expecting it to, but at least I have begun. Sooner or later, I will get published, although I do hope it is sooner. As long as it takes me less tries to get published then it took Einstein to create the light bulb, then I will consider it a success.

While I wait for a response, I will continue to work on my novel. I have off from work for the next two days so I am hoping to get a good deal of writing done. Realistically, I think that I can get around 5000 words done on Sacrifices. I always hope for more, but somehow between getting caught up on sleep and doing chores around the house, I never have as much time for writing as I want.

Ah well, for now I will soak in the success of the day and worry about everything else tomorrow. Have a great week!

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment