Monday, January 20, 2014

The Saga of Steve and Joey-Part 7

Happy Monday everyone! And welcome to another edition of The Saga of Steve and Joey. This part picks up where Part 6 left off last week. If you're behind, you can find all of the parts under the Free Read section, which can be found on the right sidebar. And now, one with the story. Enjoy!

Part 7
Steve
I pull my car into the driveway next to the small two-story house. It’s a cute little house with light blue paneling and a porch that’s just the right size for a few chairs. The grass is perfectly trimmed and the few flowerbeds right in front of the porch are weed-free with a few colorful flowers sprouting out of the dirt.
Cutting the engine, I get out of the car and shut the door. I don’t waste any time, trotting up the brick path up the wooden step to the porch. Ringing the doorbell, I wait impatiently as he comes to the door. I think for a second that he might not be home, but even as I think it, I figure it wouldn’t be true. Joey isn’t working today and he doesn’t exactly have an active social life.
As expected, I hear footsteps coming down the stairs, causing a smile to come to my lips. The door opens seconds later.
“Hey,” I say simply, the smile on my face wider than before.
“Hey,” Joey responds, his voice and face betraying how confused he is to see me. “What’s going on?”
I open the screen door separating us and take a step closer, pressing our lips together as soon as I’m able. Joey lets out a soft sigh, letting me know I’m more than welcome.
“What are you doing here,” Joey asks once our kiss breaks. “I thought you had to work.”
“I got out early,” I say with a smirk.
“Since when do med students get out early?”
“Since other med students pick up our slack. Besides, are you so unhappy to see me?”
“Of course not. I’m glad you’re here. In fact, you should come in the rest of the way.”
Wrapping an arm around Joey’s shoulders, I walk farther into the small foyer, shutting the door behind me.
“I was watching a movie upstairs. Wanna come on up?”
“Yeah.”
Joey steps out of my half embrace and grasps my hand, leading me up the stairs. We walk into his master bedroom, the red carpet soft under my feet. I can see his king-sized bed in a state of total disarray, blankets crumbled in tangled heaps. Joey leads me right to the bed and jumps in, placing his tablet on the nightstand.
But I hesitate.
“What’s wrong?”
I give him a small smile. “I might fall asleep on you.”
“I don’t mind. I understand. I just want to cuddle up with you.”
“Well, when you put it like that.” Kicking off my shoes, I crawl into bed, wrapping the blankets around me.
“So, really. Why are you here? Not that I’m not happy to see you. I’m just confused.”
I sigh. “I missed you. I was at work thinking about our relationship and my friend Keri realized it. I was talking to her and I realized how special what we have is. How special you are. And it made me want to come see you.”
Joey smiles. “You know, I was just having the same conversation with Lucas the other day.”
“Wait. You talked to Lucas without me?”
Joey chuckles. “Don’t sound so offended. I’ve had lots of conversations with Lucas without you.”
“But not about us.”
“No, but it was harmless. And talking to him made me say what I’ve been feeling for awhile.”
“Which is?”
“That what we have is special. And I think I may love you.”
I feel a ripple of shock run through me at his whispered words, but it doesn’t stop a warm feeling from rising up within me.
“I love you too.”
We exchange another kiss and then another. And another. But even through the haze of my growing arousal, I can’t help but think about how lucky I am. I have someone who loves me. And that’s enough.


Well, there you have Part 7. I hope you enjoyed it. Next week, we’re jumping ahead in their relationship to when Steve is a resident and Joey is thinking about taking their relationship to the next level. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment