Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thursday Update-1/23/14

Another Thursday is upon us, which means it's time for my weekly update. First things first, I am much better than I was last week, so I was a lot more productive this week.

My big accomplishment for this week was starting a brand-new short story called A Mysterious Savior. This story is for inclusion in a charity anthology to benefit Project Fierce, a homeless shelter for LGBT youth in Chicago. The first draft is done and I will be editing it next week.

I have also worked a lot of the Elpis series this week. I have been struggling with what to do with Atty. I knew I wanted him in a wheelchair, but I had a hard time figuring out why he should be in a wheelchair. Initially, I thought it should be paraplegia, but then he would be too ill to go to Elpis Academy, a boarding school ten states away from his parents. So I decided for a dual amputation of both legs. It wasn't the easiest decision, but it's one that I'm happy with. Now I can proceed with the story. I'm still at the beginning, so I'll be working on this for a while, but I think this could be a great series.

Still waiting on word on MWMGML, Death-Meet Love and Happiness and When Friendship Becomes More all of which are under consideration.

I think that's everything going on right now. The Saga of Steve and Joey is still going on, so check back on Monday for the next post. And don't forget to check back next Thursday for another update. Until then-

~Sophie 

No comments:

Post a Comment